1: It finds your customers and builds clientele
Many of us use Social Media on a regular basis. We use it to stay on top of what’s trending, follow our favorite businesses, post our personal beliefs and so much more. I’d like to think of Social Media as the new “office water cooler” — People are out there talking and they are waiting for your business to show up so they can discuss what you have to offer.
Customers need to trust a business, service or product before purchasing. People tend to trust their friends and loved ones more than anyone else. So, if your customers hear from someone trustworthy, about your product or service, it is reasonable to believe that they are more likely to purchase what you are selling. You could very reasonably market your products and services using, mostly, word of mouth.
Best way to promote your ideas on Social Media is by having your friends and family help you. They can share your business posts/pictures/videos on their accounts and your business will potentially be in the hands of hundreds of new customers. “Sharing is Caring”, Right?
2: It gives you an idea of what people are saying about you and your business
You can keep an eye on what people are saying about you and your business and respond to all posts, good and bad. You can use Google Alerts (www.Google.com/alerts) to see who is talking about you and your brand. On Google Alerts you can create “alerts” with keywords like your name, business name, etc. and when Google finds those in the search engine, they will email you the sites that match those keywords. This is a great way to see what people are saying about you across multiple Social Media Channels.
3: Allows you to get to know your audience and customers.
Social Media opens up the line of communication between business owners and millions of potential customers. Wow! Millions of people could possibly become your customers, that kind of marketing would have been hard to do in the offline world. Communication is key, this is how you will get to know who your customers are and why they fit into your target audience.
You will be able to generate a variety of content to market your products and services. When you are creating great content, your customers will take notice. They will start commenting and reaching out to you. This is your chance to interact with them, have a conversation in real time.
Your goal with content is to get a response from your customers, so you can build a relationship. You can create content such as polls, surveys, contests, videos, Live Q&A sessions, and so much more!
4: It’s an easy and natural way to get your name out there! It introduces your brand and builds awareness.
For the most part Social Media is FREE. What? Free Advertising/Marketing? Yep!! You should be on a variety of Social Channels and create and post engaging content. This will allow your customers to see exactly who you are and what your product / services do for them.
Your business is more accessible this way, think 24/7! People can find you at all times across Social Media. An accessible business means a more trustworthy business, meaning customers can start to build that relationship with you when they can find you.
• You can create customer testimonial videos and add them to YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and more.
• Let people know about new products, giveaways, partnerships, sponsorships, discounts coupons, etc.
• Brag about yourself! What are some of your business achievements? Your potential customers want to know about them.
• Create buzz! Get the word out there by creating a recognizable identity for your product, service and brand.
• You should establish yourself as an expert. Use forums and message boards to answer questions professionally, honestly, and correctly, which will earn you respect as an expert in your field. People will then look to you for answers. You can even use a variety of apps such as Periscope, YouTube Live, Facebook Live, Instagram to run “Live Q&A” sessions.
5: Go where your customers/clients are! We all use Social Media – we can engage in two-way communication in real time.
Oh my, how many people are out there using Social Media? A LOT!! I say that Social Media is the new “Google Search”. People are using Facebook, Twitter, Instagram to find and follow local businesses. It’s quicker and easier to engage with a business on Social Media than actually taking more time to do a Google Search and visit your company website.
So, go where your customers are! Your competition is already using Social Media to market their business, so don’t get left behind. Check out the list below to see how you can get people talking and sharing on Social Media.
• Share industry news, upcoming events, new hires – what can you share to get people talking?
• Great way to promote upcoming client events. You can let your customers know who you may be partnering with, spread the word about other local businesses too.
• Make it easy for potential customers who see your content recognize you as someone who can help them.
• Share links to interesting articles, websites or videos. Use words that grab the readers and encourage them to click the link.
• Talk about an event that you attended or are attending. Invite your audiences.
• Be Helpful: Produce content that presents new knowledge or assists in professional decision making.
• Be Interesting: Spark conversation around a news event, cover the latest posts from an industry influencer, or create an infographic about your business. Just keep it fun and fresh!
• Help them help others: We want information that we can share to our network. Sometimes the information that you put out there may not pertain to your actual customers, but they may know someone who may need what you have. Hence, sharing! They share to their friends and family, and your business now has the potential to help even more people, maybe even new customers.